Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Eye exam aka very dignified mugging

Can someone please riddle me this:

1) why do all optometrists have the same quiet, soothing, almost hypnotic tone of voice?

2) WHY THE FUCK does it cost $85.00 to have my fucking eyes checked?? They didn't even change!! Why was I charged $50.00 for a contact lens fitting when he just gave me a pair of what I already had?? I put them in myself for heavens sake, where's MY fifty dollars for 'fitting' myself?? Ugh.

3) why am I so timid and pathetic that I hand over my card without a WORD despite knowing that I literally cannot afford NOT to question this fee. I am broke as shit. Is it politeness? It is pride and not wanting to our myself as the near- bankrupt bag lady that I am? Or is it just plain old fashioned, home grown stupidity? I am inclined to say a combination of the three.

In closing: balls. That was a pricey 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment