Friday, September 3, 2010

The Good Ship Hangover is NOT a Passenger Vessel...

...and I told my dear little co-blogger Brad as much this morning, as a perfectly reasonable explanation for why there were two delightful 20-somethings in my office and only one sexy, flavorful, rockbottomofemotionaleating McDonalds breakfast to be had. Normally I like to think of myself as a considerate gal who would check around when making a shameful morning food run to see who she could take down with her, but today was all about #1. #1 being me, with un-dried, braided hair, and a wincing face that even the drive-through guy fully comprehended as being the hungover mask of someone who jumped the gun on their weekend. Le Sigh.


ANYWHOoooooooo: Blogging. Brad, bless his heart, is in the midst of a thinly veiled quarter-life crisis masquerading as an emotional hitch on the relationship front. As a way of coping with this little episode, he proposed starting a blog, and since I'm too much of a smartass to appreciate the creative efforts of others without weighing in and adding my smarmy two cents, I volunteered myself to contribute. In an effort to keep his blog moderately pristine and mature, I'll be maintaining this 'ol beauty of a page, he'll have his (here: http://whosaysyoucantbegayandblueblood.blogspot.com/) and we'll overlap and post jointly onto one another's pages as we see fit. And I plan to see fit a lot.

Efficient, sensible, prudent planner that I am (LOLZ--- joke's on me) I suggested that we each make a list of potential blog topics and mail them to one another for inspiration/motivation/I like stealing ideas from people and tailoring them to seem like my own. Naturally, Brad crafted his list immediately and sent it on over to me, where I had done nothing of the kind even though it was my suggestion in the first place. Turns out he had some great ideas, and I had some equally great supplements to them. SO in the place of a substantial inaugural posting for this blog, I'm just gonna post the idea exchange we had and then go back to massaging my forehead with my desk surface. A-good-day to YOU, sirs.

(Brad's in black, I'm in red):

From: Koko
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2010 3:12 PM
To: Brad
Subject: RE: topics

-new living situations: slash living alone vs living with roommates vs living with your parents vs living in a dorm vs living in the jersey shore/big brother/real world house

-being over educated for your job: slash the secret fear that your job has made you unemployable by anyone else by making you retarded and erasing your over-education through a strict regime of put-downs and social-life-deprivation

-boy issues (this could obviously be perhaps a theme month OHHHHH!!! What about September being boy issue theme month or something?): slash why the internet is a wholly acceptable place to find a boyfriend that may or may not play fantasy themed role playing games with other dudes and have a face paralysis incident.

(**editor's note: I may or may not be dating a delightful boy of the nerdy persuasion that I may or may not have met via an online dating service. just some background there. I'm not much of a nerd/gamer mahself, so this entire culture has been cracked wiiiiiiide open before my jaded eyes recently. inevitably there will be more on this to come.)

food

-problems with cooking for one: slash problems with cooking anything that involves more ingredients then boiling water + contents of box and spice sack

-buying food on a budget: slash being on a budget and stealing toilet paper from work and then being concerned that ppl you have over think you're cheap for buying single-ply (it's an HR decision!!!!!1)

-plus/minuses of farmers' markets: slash there are no minuses other than the fact that the entire place smells like a walk-in freezer and WHO is going to eat all this kale I bought for some reason?

television?: slash not owning one slash jonesing for some fox programming and spending an hour on a weekday evening trying to plug your wireless internet cable into the tv to get basic cable.

movies?: slash it's a crime that they make you pay extra for flavored salt at the theater slash WHY are there little children spilling food on me at my midnight thirty showing of Freddy vs Jason? Is no showing too late for children and their disgusting antics????????

music: WHY DO I LIKE JOHNNY CASH SO MUCH?

we could do a "conversation between" piece on a topic about which you and I have different ideas: brill, do want. let's start with buying clothes at target and finish with why exercise is a silent killer and should be avoided at all costs.

So allllll that to look forward too. I know, right? It's going to be a pretty. exciting. time.

Send me money- I'll send you sincere well-wishes (paypal info to come),

Koko.



No comments:

Post a Comment