Tuesday, October 22, 2024

For lack of a better word

 There's a man at the public library asking the very young man at the IT help desk to help him find books on "how to start a business, or like, an LLC".  He came up to him like he knew him saying "heeeyyyy mannn whatsup?!?" and for a second I thought that they knew each other.  But then after zoning back out for a few minutes I got yanked back into my eavesdropping hearing Future Businessowner saying "I just feel like I should ask you guys that are like... for lack of a... like 'nerds', ya know?"  To which the (admittedly nerdy looking) clerk went "oh sure sure".  Bless him.  I wonder if he likes this job?  I also genuinely wonder what business this guy is planning to start and why he would extend his quest for entrepreneurial advice towards hardcopy texts vs, oh I don't know, THE INTERNET.  Where everything is readily available and spelled out for you.  Chat GPT could have handled his inquiry tidily, and potentially steered him away and down a more reasonable path by now.  What the fuck do I know, maybe weird dudes with black baggy denim and kerchiefs hanging out of their back pockets make the best businessmen.  I'm the loser blogging at the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment